News Release: Accidents and Statistics


The following is a list of links to sites which deal with accidents and statistics involving CO, Natural Gas, and Propane Gas poisoning.
The Star: February 8, 2005  NEW
Grief after gas leak kills revellers...

Fort McMurray Today: November 28, 2000
Man, son killed by carbon monoxide
Fort McMurray, Alta. -- A northern Alberta man and his grown son died after they were overcome by carbon-monoxide fumes seeping into the family home. Police said Barry Butt, 49, and his son 21-year-old Brent, from Edmonton, died after a car was left running in the house's attached garage. Barry Butt's wife survived, but was hospitalized.

Toronto Star: May 9, 2000
CARBON MONOXIDE KILLS 6 AFTER DETECTOR TURNED OFF...

Chicago Tribune: March 5, 2000
CARBON MONOXIDE SUSPECTED IN DEATHS OF 2 MEN...

The Buffalo News: February 5, 2000
Fumes that felled students traced to leaky boiler...

Chicago Tribune: February 2, 2000
6 Rescued in Carbon Monoxide Poisoning...

Chicago Tribune: January 25, 2000
Mother and 2 Daughters Found Dead...

Faulty Furnace Blamed for CO Scare
Dec 25th, 1999 -- Carbon monoxide poisoning from domestic heaters and cookers is a constant threat to health, as this family soon found out...

Carbon Monoxide from van kills 3
Dec 25th, 1999 -- Warming up the car in the garage was responsible for killing 3 and injuring 2 others...

San Francisco Chronicle: Dec. 9, 1999
5 Sickened By Carbon Monoxide Leak...

San Francisco Chronicle: Dec. 8, 1999
Berkeley Council Back Carbon Monoxide Devices...

San Francisco Chronicle: Nov. 25, 1999
ALAMEDA COUNTY: Carbon Monoxide Leak Kills Teen in Berkeley...

Smoke Alarm for Kid's Room: Oct. 22, 1999
NORTH AMERICAN DETECTORS INC. INTRODUCES ITS NEW ‘SMOKE ALARM FOR KID’S ROOM’...

The Toronto Star: July 27, 1998
Killer gas victims felt `fine, then weaker'...installed CO detectors after escaping a deadly gas leak....

Family Rushed to Hospital After Car Left Running in Garage Overnight
The Sunday Sun, July 26th, 1998 - A car left accidentally idling in a garage sent nine poeple to hospital when dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide were found in posh North York home.

Co and Motor Vehicle Deaths...
Apr. 20th, 1988 -- Studies & statistics on cars and Carbon Monoxide...

11 Escape Deadly Gas
The Sunday Sun, March 29th, 1998 - Two families in Brampton totalling 11 people - owe their lives to a carbon monoxide detector and a fast-acting man who found his neighbor dead of an apparent suicide in a running car.

The Toronto Sun: March 5, 1998
$2,000 fine for bylaw offenders....CO detectors a must...

The Toronto Star: March 5, 1998
In Toronto, CO gas detectors are to become mandatory...

Grim Hope for Gas Survivors
The Toronto Star, January 23rd, 1998 - A family of four were poisoned by Carbon Monoxide during the weekend. The father and the son of the Churchill family in Scarborough were killed, the survivors face the very real possibility of long-term brain damage.

Grandmother & grandchildren killed by CO fumes
July 6th, 1997 -- Fumes from a gasoline generator kill grandmother & her grandchildren...

PSL Group
Oct. 14th, 1996 -- An article about the the greater risk children are at in the presence of Carbon Monoxide.

Colourless, Odorless and Deadly
1994 -- Former tennis star, Vitas Gerulaitis, dead at 40.....the cause of his death: Carbon-Monoxide Poisoning...

Colorless, Odourless and Deadly Gas Killed the Joyful Vitas
The Detroit News, September 21st, 1994 - The famous tennis star, Vitas Gerulaitis, was killed by carbon monoxide, probably from a malfunctioning pool heater that vented into the cottage. His death drew attention to a normally low-profile houshold poison.





S-TECH
1495 DENISON STREET, MARKHAM,
ONTARIO L3R 5H1
TEL:(905) 660-90661-800-203-7987
FAX:(905) 660-9261
E-mail: info@s-tech.ca
Website: www.s-tech.ca


Stech is ISO 9001 Compliant